The Stars and Diamonds Racing Club have horses running under rules in Hunter Chases and Point to Points.
Limited to only 30 shares, this small racing club allows people to get involved in racehorse ownership at a very reasonable cost, to give members some fun and more importantly success. It’s a perfect gift for a loved one or join forces and have fun with your friends splitting the costs if needed. Enjoying the thrills of racing and the excitement of being an owner is an opportunity not to be missed.
- Scroll down to read about experiences that The Stars and Diamonds members have had being part of the club.
For a one – off payment of £350 for the whole year or pay £30 monthly. Members of the racing club will receive…
• Regular training updates via the monthly newsletter, a paper copy is sent in the post for you to read at your leisure.
• Arranged visits to the yard in Burbage, to watch the horses work, with regular racing club events throughout the year
• Guaranteed badges giving you access to the owners and trainer’s facilities at racecourses (Hunter Chasing) or light refreshments at Point to Points.
• Prize money will be split equally between all members at the end of the season.
If you would like to be involved with the Stars and Diamonds Racing Club, please express your interest.
Horses who have ran or intend to run in the Stars and Diamonds colours:
2018/19 – 2019/20 – 2020/21 Carumba, Point to Point / Hunter Chasing. Culverwell, Point to Point / Hunter Chasing
2017/2018 Barrington Bolt, Point to Point / Hunter Chasing (Retired). Starlette, National Hunt, (Retired due to injury)
2014 /2015 Tarquinius, Point to Point / Hunter Chasing (Pictured) (Retired due to injury)
MEET THE HORSES IN THE RACING CLUB
2010 – Gelding (GOLD WELL – SARAH MARSHALL (IRE) (FLEMENSFIRTH (USA)).
He has run in 37 races over 6 seasons finishing in the winners enclose 14 times. He won his maiden and restricted in April 2017 but he was disqualified from his restricted due to the jockey not weighing in for a previous trainer. So Carumba has his restricted to win again. He jumps for fun, a very straight forward super scopey jump. He runs over 2m 4f to 3miles, on ground ranging from firm to heavy. Winning his 2m4f maiden on the soft and 2m4f restricted on good to firm. Finishing in the winners enclose over 3m on good ground. – Rated 82
2011 – Gelding (MIDNIGHT
LEGEND – GIVE ME STRENGTH (IRE) (FLEMENSFIRTH (USA))
Lewis as he has been called since a 4-year-old, has finished in the winner’s enclosure 10 of his 15 runs pointing. Winning his maiden and restricted. Also finishing 2nd in an intermediate at Upcott Cross only beaten a length in the 2017-18 season. He might be little but is a tough horse who has form on all types of going from firm to heavy, winning his maiden in the soft and restricted on good to soft. He is not a flashy jumper, he would rather get close and fiddle than jump outside of the wings. His form is good enough to think he will stay 4 miles – Rated 78
Racing club members share their experiences of being part of the club
- “Very friendly and welcoming yard. Plenty of open days to view the yard and catch up on what is happening. Good days out at the races”.
- “Having been interested in National Hunt racing for many years and a previous member of a large syndicated racing club. I was looking for a small racing club to join where I was treated more like an owner rather than a number. In the last year this has been the case whether its race days or stable visits I have always been made to feel important and welcome. Katie always makes herself available to discuss the individual horses training, welfare and future plans. The transformation of the two horses since they joined Katie is incredible and I very much look forward to the forthcoming season”.
- “A very well organised club, Katie works extremely hard with the horses. She is a very caring person. She always keeps us fully informed on what has been going on through her newsletters as well as making you welcome whenever you visit, especially with young children. The social events at the stables are excellent with lots of wonderful food”.
- “ I am enjoying being a part of Katie B. Frisby Point to Point Racing and Rehabilitation. The horses in her care have improved greatly and it is a joy to see them mature and develop. I have visited the yard quite frequently and am always given a warm and welcome. It is exciting to be part of this racing club and I look forward to more enjoyable visits and seeing ‘the boys’ race”.
- “Great set up, friendly members. Happy to be part of the team”